Florida’s primary election is on August 23 and the general is set for November 3. Positions in national, state, county and district offices are open. Lawmakers are tackling large issues such as abortion, gun rights and discrimination.
Caplin News spoke to voters about six issues effecting South Florida.
1. Voters speak out opposing and supporting Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” law (includes multimedia content): read here.
2. Voters are concerned with candidates’ ages as midterm elections near: read here.
3. New abortion law continues to divide South Florida: read here.
4. Guns will play a major role in this fall’s midterms: read here.
5. Relaxed Cuba sanctions split South Florida voters: read here.
6. Will the $2.67 billion Inter Miami stadium deal wreak havoc at the polls? (includes video story): read here.